I would eat pasta for every meal if I could also maintain a normal weight. Alas, this is just a pipe dream.
One of my favorite Italian dishes is definitely lasagna. And while I’ve never been adventurous enough to make it in my own kitchen, I may actually give it a whirl in this reincarnation of the complex meal.
Not only do these lasagna poppers look absolutely delicious, they seem so much easier to make than a full pan of the savory dish. If you’re looking for a new snack to try for your next party, these should be on your list:
Here’s how to make these at home:
- Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of minced onion
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces of mozzarella
- 4 sheets of ravioli
- 1 cup of flour
- Egg wash
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- In a pan heat some canola oil, the garlic, onions, and ground beef. Brown the meat and drain the excess liquid.
- Return the pan to heat and add marinara sauce and salt and pepper to taste. After thoroughly mixed, remove from heat and add the mozzarella.
- In a pasta pot, add some salt and the ravioli sheets. Cook 8-10 minutes.
- On a plate, cut the sheets lengthwise so you have two strips.
- Spoon some of the meat onto one end and roll the strip.
- Freeze the rolls for 10 minutes.
- Dip each roll in a bowl of flour, egg wash, and then bread crumbs. Repeat the egg and bread crumbs once.
- Freeze them again for 12-15 minutes.
- Cook in frying oil for four to five minutes, let cool, and serve with marinara sauce!
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/lasagna-poppers/